Healing Hands Issues
- Hepatitis C Update (2013)
- The Specter of Liver Disease (2008)
- Chronic Hepatitis C: Silent Intruder, Insidious Threat (1999)
- Hepatitis C Handbook (2014) | SAMHSA’s easy to understand guide that uses plain language and a simple cartoon style to explain what hepatitis C is, how to avoid it, what is involved with screening, and treatment options.
- Addressing Viral Hepatitis in People With Substance Use Disorders (2011) | Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration – Assists behavioral health professionals who treat people with substance abuse problems in understanding the implications of a diagnosis of hepatitis. Discusses screening, diagnosis, and referrals and explains how to evaluate a program’s hepatitis practices.
- Decompensated Chronic Liver Disease with Comorbid Treatable Aplastic Anemia in a Homeless Adult Male (2008) | HCH Clinicians’ Network – This case report presents a cascade of life-threatening complications arising from a chronic hepatitis C infection in a homeless man, originally contracted from contaminated tattoo needles.
- The Health Care of Homeless Persons: A Manual of Communicable Diseases & Common Problems in Shelters & On the Streets (2004) | This 384-page manual describes serious health problems that commonly afflict homeless persons and discusses appropriate responses and treatment. Included are chapters on hepatitis A, hepatitis B, and hepatitis C.